The team behind Phlock Live 2020 are sisters, Laura and Sarah Wood.
Laura runs a successful photography business and loves to help others in their own photography journeys.
Sarah is the business brain behind Phlock Live and is dedicated to offering a learning experience and event like no other.
The Data Controller is: Phlock Ltd
How we get the information and why we do we have it
We have two lawful reasons for collecting personal data;
- Legal / contractual, so we can fulfil our legal duties for those that have purchase a ticket for the event.
- Consent for marketing communications, so we can keep you informed about all that is Phlock
- We openly and clearly ask consent to collect, store and use personal data from those interested in our event; Phlock Live 2020
The information we collect
For the purpose of marketing communications based on consent we collect and store the least amount of data possible;
- First Names – because it is polite
- Last Names – because it is polite
- Email – so we can send you information
What we do with the information
We may use assigned data processors to help us with this communication, but purely on behalf on, and focused solely on the Phlock Live event.
We would never share your data with a third party outside of these known suppliers.
- Personal data held for legal / contractual purposes are stored on Eventbrite. This data is used for taking payment, sending tickets and required information.
- Personal data held for marketing communication based on consent are stored on MailChimp. This data is used for updating people of topic they have consented to receive.
How we store your information
- We have trained all staff to treat any personal data we hold as highly confidential and sensitive.
- Any data stored on local system is stored behind passwords
- We only hold data for a maximum of 3 years, after which we will seek consent to retain information for longer based on 1. Additional transactions (remaining a customer) 2. Renewed consent over receiving marketing communications
Your data protection rights
- Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact our lead data controller Sarah Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113